2022 Proposed MIPS Rule Impact
The 2022 Proposed MIPS Rule was released on July 13th, 2021 and, assuming a practice makes no changes to their MIPS plan, the following is an illustration of the potential impact in 2022, primarily due to the following:
- Removal of the 3-point floor
- Deletion of measures 21, 23, 195, and 225
- Elimination of bonus points for high priority and end-to-end measures
Additional Comments and Observations
- Score of 67 will be lower if measure 405 does not receive a published benchmark for 2022.
- If this is the case, this measure will be worth 0 points.
- This forecast does not consider the patient complexity bonus, which could be 0-10 points in 2022.
- Anticipate IR groups to receive ~4 points, however, the methodology for determining eligibility for this bonus is changing in 2022 and some groups will not receive this bonus.
- CMS approved three MIPS measures for the 2020 performance year that were developed and submitted by MSN’s MIPS Measures Workgroup and another five measures were approved for the 2021 performance year.
Barbara Rubel MBA, FRBMA
Senior Vice President, Marketing & Client Services
Barbara has been a leader with MSN Client Services since 1998. Her extensive background in strategic planning, market research, healthcare marketing and managed care negotiations provides a wealth of information to support MSN Clients.
Barbara has also been highly involved in industry organizations, serving as President of the Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA), the Georgia RBMA, and the Florida RBMA. In addition, she chaired the influential RBMA Federal Affairs Committee and the RBMA Technology Task force and was a member of the RBMA Data Committee. Her work on behalf of radiology has earned her the RBMA Special Recognition Award (2010), the RBMA Global Achievement Award (2013), and she is a Fellow of the RBMA.